Choosing the right agent to sell your home is one of the most important decisions you’ll take when moving. With High Streets full of estate agents and on-line portals all promising to get you the best deal how do you tell them apart and how do you know which one will do the right deal for you?
• Ask friends or neighbours who have recently been involved in a house sale or purchase – it’s always good to get a personal recommendation
• Look at the For Sale/Sold signs near you as a useful indicator of which ones have market share in your area
• Compare local agents based on facts: how quickly they sell properties, how close they get to asking price and how successful they are. There is an online tool you can use here
• Go to home search engines and tick ‘include under offer/sold STC’ in your price bracket to show which agents are selling homes of that value
• Do not feel obliged to use the same estate agent you are buying your house from if it doesn’t feel like the right fit
• Check the estate agent’s viewing policy – when will they conduct viewings and how much notice will they give
• Get an idea of how quickly the agent sells homes on their books and how often they achieve asking price
• Find out what their procedure would be if your house was not getting as many viewings or offers as you would expect
With many new portals opening up promising to save you commission of your house sale by using their website it can be tempting to choose this route. However at Chiltern Relocation we believe that this is a false economy. Getting the right agent for you will mean:
• The correct valuation for your property
• The agent will be fully involved at all stages of the chain (if there is one) helping it to move along
• The agent will support your case with a wealth of experience should you come up against any areas that are difficult to negotiate
• The agent will be fully involved with all the minutiae that comes with a house sale which can very time consuming and in legal jargon.
Getting the right team on board will make for an accurate valuation, an engaged and involved estate agent and achieving the right price in the time frame that works for you.
If you would like help with your home search do get in touch with Chiltern Relocation on 01494 672086 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: